*VidMid-VC Conference Call*
March 11, 2002
Egon Verharen, SURFnet (chair)
John McNair, U. Tennessee - Knoxville
Steve Olshansky, Internet2
Ann West, Internet2/EDUCAUSE
Art Vandenberg, Georgia State
Ted Hanss, Internet2
Bob Olson, Argonne National Lab
Jill Gemmill, U. Alabama - Birmingham
Renee Frost, Michigan/Internet2
Larry Amiot, Argonne National Lab
Ken Klingenstein, Colorado/Internet2
Tom Barton, U. Memphis
Brent Zionic, U. Colorado - Boulder (scribe)
Egon provided an update of the progress for the three VidMid-VC subgroups: 1) AuthN/AuthZ, 2) Interrealm directory, and 3) Resource Discovery.
Two of the groups, AuthN/AuthZ and Interrealm Directory, have already met to discuss their progress on deliverables for the NMI R.1 April release.
AuthN/AuthZ flow diagrams with VC elements should be available within two weeks.
The Interrealm Directory subgroup is having their meeting minutes rolled into the White Paper draft led by Tyler Johnson. It was mentioned that all of the subgroups are planning on doing this and having the papers available for vetting prior to the NMI R.1 release at the end of April. The commObject class was developed without any particular underlying directory service in mind, so it should be portable across environments. Egon mentioned that this subgroup is meeting with greater frequency than the other two groups, and they are focused primarily on technical issues.
The final subgroup, Resource Discovery, is chaired by Art Vandenberg, and plans on producing another draft of their White Paper by the end of the week of March 15.
Ken suggested that it would be useful for the AuthN/AuthZ subgroup to have their own listserv. Egon agreed, and SteveO agreed to create a new group and publish it to the list.
There was a brief discussion of the VidMid presentation at the Spring Internet2 Member Meeting in Arlington. The tentative plan is to do all Middleware-related presentations on Monday.
*New Action Items*
1. [AI] 07-Mar-02 SteveO to help clean out previous action items.
2. [AI] 07-Mar-02 SteveO to make a new VC AuthN/AuthZ listserv group and publish it to the list. [DONE]
*Previous Action Items*
3. [AI] 25-Feb-02 SteveO to coordinate weekly conference calls to discuss
AuthN/AuthZ and focus on whitepaper deliverable for NMI R.1.
4. [AI] 25-Feb-02 Egon and Jill to describe AuthN/AuthZ flows on UNC reference model. Hope to be done by Friday, Mar 22: reference flow diagrams need to be redesigned.
5. [AI] 25-Feb-02 SteveO to make a first pass through scenarios describing AuthN/AuthZ flows, extracting and prioritizing requirements.
6. [AI] 25-Feb-02 Ken will distribute a one page document on Access Grids.
7. [AI] 25-Feb-02 Ken will follow up with Microsoft regarding SIP videoconferencing testbed implementation.