Signet Web: Home | News | Links | Working Group | Minutes | Documents
Signet Wiki: Home | About | FAQ | Software | Presentations | Documentation
Contribute | Mailing Lists | Working Group | Contact
Signet Infosheet (PDF)
Identity and Access Management Infosheet (PDF)
Signet v1.3.0 released: July 17, 2008
of NSF Middleware Initiative: NMI-EDIT
The Signet project is no longer actively supported by the Internet2 Middleware Initiative. See the Signet project status page for more information. Project
mailing lists and code repository continue to be available.
Core middleware services such as identity management, directory, and authentication
provide a foundation for secure, manageable applications throughout an institution.
Even with this foundation, as systems and applications proliferate it becomes
more and more difficult to manage user access consistently and cost-effectively.
A privilege management service is a relatively new component of campus middleware
that addresses this problem by providing centralized management of user privileges
across a range of applications.
The benefits of this service include:
- a standard user interface for privilege administrators
- consistent, simplified policy definition, via roles and integration with
core campus organizational data
- improved visibility, understandability, and auditability of privilege
- standard interfaces to other infrastructure services and to application
systems to support integration
|| Release Date
||XML import/export, significant API enhancements, and more
- XML import/export capability - both API and command-line tool
- Expanded API in Signet's persistence layer (database API)
- Architectural cleanup and refinements
- Increased visibility of several APIs
- Removed unused / unnecessary APIs
- Simplified the object model
- Improved persistence layer design
- Now using C3PO DB connection pooling (like Grouper)
- Improved documentation
- and much more...
- Release Notes are included on the software download page in the wiki.
To subscribe to Signet mailing lists, including Signet-Announce,
see the Contact page in the Signet wiki.
NOTE WELL: All Internet2 Activities
are governed by the Internet2
Intellectual Property Framework.
Related Internet2 Middleware projects: