*MACE Conference Call*
March 6, 2006
Bob Morgan (chair) - Washington
Leif Johansson - Stockholm / SUNET
Ton Verschuren - SURFnet
Michael Gettes - Duke
Scott Cantor - Ohio State
Neal McBurnett - Internet2
Steve Olshansky - Internet2
Lynn McRae - Stanford
Nate Klingenstein - Internet2
Rodney McDuff - Queensland
David Wasley - independent
Ben Teitelbaum - Internet2
Steve Carmody - Brown
Keith Hazelton - Wisconsin
Tom Barton - Chicago
Ken Klingenstein - Colorado/Internet2
Mark Poepping - Carnegie Mellon
Ben Chinowsky (scribe) - Internet2
- The Tempe CAMP was well-attended; presentations are at http://www.educause.edu/Proceedings/9397.
- Nate reported that the Shibboleth meetings at GGF were "overflowing". Von's draft writeup is at http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/papers/GGF16-Shib-BOF-Report.pdf. Several projects are working on integrating Shibboleth with the Grid; Nate stressed the need to get those involved talking to each other to ensure interoperability. A mailing list has been set up to pursue this and other Shib/Grid issues; see http://www.federation.org.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shibgrid-bof. There is also related campus infrastructure design work to be done. In this connection Leif noted the TERENA NRENs & Grids workshop series; see http://www.terena.nl/activities/nrens-n-grids/. [AI] Ken will send out the charter for the Grid Interop Now group.
- Bob attended the latest RSA conference, which he described as "remarkably vigorous". Bill Gates was there presenting InfoCard.
- [AI] Bob will send Mark information on the NIST workshop on common logging.
- Ken noted that workflow projects were prominent at the Mellon retreat (http://rit.mellon.org/retreat/2006/). Educore is now OOSS, the Organization for Open Source Software; see http://www.ithaka.org/strategic/ooss.htm.
- GNOMIS -- the Nordic parallel to MACE -- met Feb. 7-8; see http://www.fsknet.dk/nyhed?30.
The next Advanced CAMP will be June 28-30 in Burlington, Vermont. The program committee is looking for new members; contact Bob if you are interested.
Tom noted the launch of the EDUCAUSE Identity Management Working Group (IdM; see http://www.educause.edu/idm). Keith suggested there could be a fruitful division of labor between IdM and MACE-Dir, with MACE-Dir focusing on specifications and IdM pursuing broader discussions. [AI] Tom will find out what the requirements are for participation in IdM.
Keith noted that the latest eduPerson and SAML-attributes docs are ready for last call. [AI] Keith will let Michael know if there's anything in the latest eduPerson and SAML-attributes docs that will require changes to the LDAP Recipe.
Bob noted that he's open to suggestions for a new MACE call schedule that would better accommodate international participation. Bob is also looking for people to further discuss globo-MACE issues more generally; let him know if you would like to participate.
[AI] Ken will send out the charter for the Grid Interop Now group.
[AI] Bob will send Mark information on the NIST workshop on common logging.
[AI] Tom will find out what the requirements are for participation in IdM.
[AI] Keith will let Michael know if there's anything in the latest eduPerson and SAML-attributes docs that will require changes to the LDAP Recipe.