**MACE Call 6-June-2011**
RL "Bob" Morgan, U. Washington (chair)
Von Welch, Indiana U.
Renee Shuey, Penn State U.
Scott Cantor, The Ohio State U.
Keith Hazelton, U. Wisc -
Tom Barton, U. Chicago
Steven Carmody, Brown U.
David Wasley, independent
Ann West, Internet2
Steve Olshansky, Internet2 (scribe)
NEXT CALL: 20-June-2011
*New Action Item*
[AI] (All) discuss further ideas on IAM suite collaboration on the mailing list.
*Carryover Action Items*
[AI] (All) send seedcorn suggestions to Ken.
[AI] (Ken) will distribute the CRU taxonomy of SPs
[AI] (Ken) will send out a link to relevant GENI IdM information.
[AI] (Keith) will write up the current state of the identifier discussion and apparent consensus, and associated explanatory material, for use by REFEDs.
[AI] (Ken) will coordinate a small working group with Heather to look into access control and IdM layer requirements for shared file services, calendaring, and web-conferencing in a federation-centric context.
[AI] (All) with suggestions for other foundations that the Shib Consortium could eventually be embedded in are encouraged to discuss them on the list.
[AI] (Ken) will convene a small subgroup of MACE to consider the seed corn issues in more depth and report back on a forthcoming call, soon.
[AI] (Ken) will invite Mike Conlin (U. Florida), the VIVO PI, to a forthcoming MACE call.
[AI] (Keith) will maintain an issues list to inform a potential new charter for MACE-DirNG, syncing it with the FedApps charter.
[AI] (RLBob, Scott, and SteveO) will proceed with the process of formalizing the FedApps working group, including setting up a list/wiki/website, and advertise it in the appropriate venues.
[AI] (Ken) will draft a one-pager about what MACE does and what questions it has, for review by MACE, as a discussion guide with Internet2 leadership.
[AI] (Ken) will distribute a draft requirements framework for VO support engagement
[AI] (David) will contact GSA for an update on the approval process for InCommon Silver.
[AI] (ReneeS) will revisit the list of potential new MACE members on the list.
[AI] (Ken) will revise the mission statement based upon feedback received on the call.
[AI] (Ken) will send out info on DHS secure online transactions
[AI] (Ken) will follow up on a MACE/AMSAC call.
[AI] (Ken) will follow up with Kuali/Rice about I2MI collaboration.
[AI] (Ken) will draft a catalyst doc, covering the key items to be addressed in advising VOs how to use our infrastructure.
[AI] (Leif) will contact Ken/Steven/Tom about potential overlaps between the SDCI proposal and projects in the EU.
[AI] (Jens) will speak to an Eduroam rep about communicating with Educause.
[AI] (Ken) will draft and circulate a letter to Rice leadership, requesting input to roadmaps and use cases, and to ensure our projects with Kuali projects are aligned with their high-level strategic direction.
[AI] (Nate) will distribute information to the list about upcoming tactical issues facing MACE
[AI] (All) send Bamboo IAM comments to Tom ASAP for coordination.
[AI] (All) interested in participating in the international collaboration activity contact RL "Bob."
[AI] (RL "Bob") will contact a representative of Kuali Rice about coordinating a call.
[AI] (Ken and Mark) will distribute some information on trust anchors in the context of dynamic network configuration in GENI testbed, as well as for general access control.
[AI] (Ken) will circulate some meeting notes from the last TERENA/ REFEDS meetings.
- Bob will be attending a NSTIC meeting in DC later this week. Agenda is TBD.
- Given the unconference nature of ACAMP this year, there was no real theme per se. Consensus among the attendees was that it was positive, and they were interested in doing it again.
- Steven had an AI to document attribute aggregation patterns. Other AIs: - documenting campus requirements and activities around the Sun IdM suite issues
- TEP (Tools and Effective Practices) wiki space as home for policy and governance discussions
- ECP work - Roland and ScottK will work on PythonECP, and share work on Shib wiki and dev mailing list on implementations. Encouraging broader adoption, to enable interoperable clients, is a goal. Arnie Miles will carry this forward in the HPC arena.
Consent and ECP is an area of growing interest.
- InCommon Silver - facilitate discovery of Silver work and sharing community work (facilitate outreach on community outreach and outcomes).