MACE Call 17-Mar-08
RL "Bob" Morgan, U. Washington (chair)
Rodney McDuff, U. Queensland
Ken Klingenstein, Internet2
Michael Gettes, MIT
Ann West, Internet2
Renee Frost, Internet2
Steve Carmody, Brown
Scott Cantor, OSU
Paul Hill, MIT
David Wasley, independent
Tom Barton, U. Chicago
Josh Howlett, JANET (UK)
Leif Johansson, Stockholm University/SUNET
Steve Olshansky, Internet2 (scribe)
[AI] (MACE members) interested in attending EuroCAMP (Stockholm May 7-8) please contact Ken ASAP.
[AI] (Ken/SteveO) will coordinate a call with the Croquet team
[AI] (Ken/SteveO) will coordinate a call with the FLUID team, with representatives from Shib and Grouper.
Good meeting, good attendance. A lot of federation topics, some PKI. A number of interesting PhD theses on related topics.
OASIS leadership was pleased by the turnout, and some good connections were made. The ISOC Trust and the Internet activity was of particular interest to them and there would appear to be good prospects for collaboration. The 2009 meeting will focus on attributes and AuthZ. Presentations are available on the website.
- Spring I2MM
April 21-23, 2008, Arlington VA
There is some discussion about holding a federations session on Sunday 20-April, see the online program for details. As always there will be a good selection of middleware-related sessions. Renee will send out a list when it is available.
April 27-30, 2008, St. Paul MN
Ann is on the program committee, and planning is well under way. There will be Shibboleth and Grouper sessions.
May 7-8, 2008, Stockholm Sweden
Focus is on enabling campus applications…
[AI] MACE members interested in attending please contact Ken ASAP.
- Shib CAMP
June 2008, Ann Arbor MI
Planning is well under way for this Shib 2.0 installfest, and there is discussion about including a "train the trainer" component. Given the high interest in this aspect there will be a different registration process to ensure geographic diversity among other criteria to ensure the broadest possible impact.
Since Shib v2.0 will fully interoperate with Shib v1.3, IdPs can upgrade and interoperate with SPs running 1.3.
May 14-16 2008, Ann Arbor MI
May 18 2008, Bruges, Belgium
The REFEDS meeting is attracting strong attention. JISC will be presenting on their privacy matrix. There will be a meeting at the end of the TERENA meeting on PerfSonar/DCN (Dynamic Circuit Network). GEANT may not be adopting dynamic circuits for a while, preferring IP…
June 18, 2008, Minneapolis MN
Agenda is online.
June 19-20, 2008, Minneapolis MN
Merge of ESB and Service Registry will be the focus.
Proposal has been submitted, site is TBD. More to come on this as it develops. Goal is to spec out the technical issues in advance and present them as fodder for policy issues to be discussed at the meeting.
June 23-27, 2008, San Diego CA
RL "Bob" will be attending…
There will be a whitepaper distributed in advance addressing issues in IdM for registrars.
9-10 Jul 2008, Umeå, Sweden
- Final Approval: MACE-Dir SAML attribute profile doc
Please review ASAP…
With change bars:
- Internet2 strategic planning
See the wiki for the latest documents:
There will be a draft circulated publicly in advance of the Spring Internet2 Member Meeting for feedback and comment.
A new board has been elected, see:
- Croquet AuthN/Z
There is some interest among the Croquet project in integrating AuthN/Z for this non-web application, and we will arrange some discussions to explore synergies and opportunities to work together.
[A] Ken/SteveO will coordinate a call with the Croquet team
Eduroam is looking at SAML for AuthZ and federated NAC (TNC). Josh has been working with the TNC working group on this, and there is interest in pursuing this among that community.
SAML schema which would allow organizations to assert device posture info, i.e. assertions of attributes of hardware in addition to attributes of users. There was some discussion about whether it would make sense to develop an object class for this purpose, e.g. "eduDevice" or "eduHost."
The TNC work will likely ultimately be standardized through the IETF NEA WG.
[A] Ken/SteveO will coordinate a call with the Fluid team, with representatives from Shib and Grouper.