*MACE Conference Call*
October 15, 2007
Bob Morgan (chair) - Washington
Renee Frost - Michigan/Internet2
Ken Klingenstein - Colorado/Internet2
Nate Klingenstein - Internet2
Leif Johansson - Stockholm/SUNET
Steve Carmody - Brown
Michael Gettes - Internet2
Ann West - Internet2
Keith Hazelton - Wisconsin
Steve Olshansky - Internet2
Neal McBurnett - Internet2
David Wasley - independent
Tom Barton - Chicago
Ben Chinowsky (scribe) - Internet2
About 40 people showed up for the Mellon/NSF workflow meeting. Ken reported that there was broad agreement on the need for integration of scientific and scholarly workflow, and even broader agreement on the need to externalize information if this is to be accomplished. A report to NSF is in the works.
DNSSEC and DKIM came up in the ISOC trust discussions. Bob put forward Internet2 as a community in which to promote deployment of these technologies; he'll be following up on this with Lucy Lynch in November. Ken noted that there was interest in federation for DNSSEC keys at the DNSSEC BoF at the Internet2 Member Meeting. [AI] Leif will send MACE some pointers on the Swedish DNSSEC deployment.
There was good turnout for the collaboration sessions at the Member Meeting; Europe in particular was well represented. Ken noted discussion of problems that need to be fixed with Grouper; [AI] Ken will schedule a Tuesday, October 16 call about finding Signet/Grouper programming resources, and notify MACE. More generally, Bob noted that there is strong interest in the collaboration area; the time is now to move forward with mace-collab-core. [AI] Ken will follow up with Scotty, Bruce, and Jon-Paul about getting mace-collab-core going, and recruit an interim chair or co-chairs.
Steve Carmody and Michael had their second conference call with Atlassian. This collaboration is shaping up nicely; Atlassian is enthusiastic about doing more for higher education. The group is gathering use cases in preparation for a third call in November.
EuroCAMP is November 14-15; the program is at http://www.terena.org/activities/eurocamp/november07/programme1.html.
Papers and proposals are due November 17 for the 7th Symposium on Identity and Trust on the Internet (IDtrust 2008 for short -- formerly known as the PKI R&D Workshop). The Symposium will take place March 4-6, 2008; see http://middleware.internet2.edu/idtrust/2008/.
[AI] Leif will send MACE some pointers on the Swedish DNSSEC deployment.
[AI] Ken will schedule a Tuesday, October 16 call about finding Signet/Grouper programming resources, and notify MACE.
[AI] Ken will follow up with Scotty, Bruce, and Jon-Paul about getting mace-collab-core going, and will recruit an interim chair or co-chairs.
(from previous calls)
[AI] Michael will write MACE a description of his work on the Collaborative Organizations pilot service.
[AI] Bob and Ken will contact Jane Charlton and Josh about the operational and policy aspects of applying Shibboleth to Confluence in the UK.
[AI] Ken will ping his National Archives contact for a workshop agenda, and circulate it to the list.
[AI] Bob will draft recommendations for app developers re AuthN/AuthZ (attributes), and post them to a wiki; Leif will provide references for J2EE text.
[AI] Ken will set up an outreach, education, and support conference call, and notify MACE.
[AI] Bob will talk to Vinay Kumar about possible roles for 9Star in supporting MACE-ware.
[AI] Keith will draft a summary of the OpenID discussion on the May 14 MACE call, for further discussion on the MACE list.